I'm very slowly working on two shrines right now, but they WILL get done. Leeching lots of inspiration from the folks over at remixers. 8)
I'm very slowly working on two shrines right now, but they WILL get done. Leeching lots of inspiration from the folks over at remixers. 8)
- Huge Munich update:
I need to update the information to include stuff on the (very telling) manga special. I'm also now keeping up with the Ouran drama, so I'll have information on that version of Kyoya, as well. Sadly he is not played by Hiro Mizushima. ):
- Furtivus clean-up:
I still really like the layout, so it's probably not changing, but I need to finish cleaning up all the pages and elaborating on some of the shorter ones, etcetera.
- Prince update:
Lol there haven't been all that many chapters released since my last update, but I still need to fix up the pages to reflect them. Debating on changing the layout, as well... We'll see how inspired I feel by then.
I still would really like to finish a shrine to Killua from Hunter x Hunter (my second favorite animanga character of all time after Kyoya). After that... I have some other shrines I've started and lost interest in, haha. Bunch of SMT stuff on Trafuri.net that I need to finish. It'd be good if I can at least get a shrine out once a year because I still love the idea of shrine-making, even if I've slowed down a lot.
After something like two years, Furtivus finally has a brand new layout! It's nice and fresh and spring-y, and a great change after the last two super dark layouts. I hope everyone reads the layout page because it was a very arduous process that resulted in a layout that I am extremely proud of, so. ;_;
I was using a really archaic coding style at the time, so after painstakingly working on the layout, I had to go through and revise a lot of the code. I also started going through and fixing up the pages, but so far have only finished the Queen of Vanity section because I am lazy and this shrine is a behemoth. In that section, there have been slight wording changes and the like, but overall nothing has changed.
I am planning on adding two or three new pages very soon and will be editing this post once that's been completed. I'm just really burnt out at the moment, lol.
- Fated.nu has a brand new layout! I left the pages pretty much the same from the last layout, just added or re-arranged a few things here and there. This layout is very watercolory, but what else is new?? Anyway, this layout is just big and dark and seemingly epic, so pretty standard fare for me. NOW WITH KOREAN LYRICS!! I kind of hate some of the CSS style colors, so I might be tweaking the colors for bolded and linked text, idk. Just don't be surprised to see the layout tweaked a bit over the next couple of days--I'm fickle.
- Other than that, there isn't much new stuff. I adopted the fanlisting for Aragaki Shinjiro (Persona 3) from Nao, formerly of Losstarot.net (I can't believe it's really gone! ;A;), and am working on a shrine to go with it. The fanlisting part is already up.
- I also noticed that the Adachi Tohru (Persona 4) fanlisting had been closed or something, so I jumped on that, too. I'm also working on a shrine to go with that. What can I say, I just really dislike having standalone fanlistings. I never thought I'd even make them ever again, so having two is already a step up, I suppose.
That's about it for now! I've been working on shrines at a very slow pace so I don't know if any will be done soon, but I hope to have one or two finished by this spring. We'll have to wait and see. :D
I need to re-organize the shrine so that it focuses a lot more on his personal relationships and various aspects of those. (ie: splitting up the Tamaki page) I also need to update the shrine so that it's up-to-date with the latest chapters. I don't THINK I'll be making a new layout as I rather like the current one, but I might, haha. |D Hopefully this works!
Splitting up the Tamaki page? Check. (sort of)
Making the shrine up-to-date? Check. ;_;
BONUS: NEW LAYOUT!
So it looks like I met my goals. Phew! Here's a breakdown of all the actual changes:
- I reorganized the shrine so that now there's more than just a "basics" page and an "essays" page. The essays have been split up into two sections and the series page is separated from the rest.
- I made minor changes to almost all of the character essays (and relationship essays) in light of new plot developments and whatnot.
- I more than doubled the length of the family page, giving my opinions and descriptions of Kyoya's two older brothers, who only got attention in the last bit of the series. YAY PICTURES!!
- I added a brand new bit of tl;dr in the way of an essay called subtext, which is basically a very opinionated piece on why I think Kyoya is gay or, at the very least, isn't in love with the heroine, Haruhi.
- Lastly, there's a new layout, though it features "old" material. I kept a liiiiiittle bit of the coding Chrissy did for the last layout, haha, and I think it's really obvious what I kept. I'm not sure that I'm in love with this layout or anything, but I wanted something simple that put the text front and center, so this is what I decided on.
This will also house updates for Trafuri.net, which I registered yesterday~ It's just a little domain where all of my Shin Megami Tensei shrines will be. I just started another New Game+ in Persona 4 and beat Persona 3 Portable, so I've been really SMT-crazy as of late. (even more than usual, I mean)
Still deciding whether I want it to be completely separate from Fated (ie: not listing the shrines under Trafuri on Fated) or just to have it sort of ... there... Kinda leaning towards the latter. I just really like the name, hurr hurr.
Formal updates will still be posted to this LJ community, but that Twitter will be used like, as I'm working on projects and stuff. So it's just a fun way for my visitors to see exactly what I'm working on, haha. I integrated it with the domain index page, too.
So now the media section for that site is 100% complete unless another artbook gets released or something, but since the developers have said that there's not going to be any sort of Persona 4: FES or whatnot, I'm not sure how or why that would happen.
There is still a sad lack of P4 and/or SMT shrines on the internet, so I implore you all to try the games and see if there isn't a character you love afterwards. (I don't think it's possible to play an SMT game and not fall madly in
I actually have another P4 shrine I'm working on, so. DON'T MAKE ME SHRINE THE ENTIRE MAIN CAST BY MYSELF, YOU GUYS. ;_; I'll plug Eclipse, Duality, and Rising Idol just because I can, kekeke.
...wow this is a lot of tl;dr for a seemingly small update. Also I will be updating Patron this weekend, so if you have a correction or something, do get a form sent in!
OH LOOK A NEW DOMAIN LAYOUT. It basically looks the best on a Mac, but oh well. :’D I am really satisfied with it and there is lots of new stuff for people to read, so have at it. I kind of started alt-tabbing like crazy so my dad wouldn’t see me working on this (lol) towards the end, so if there are any mistakes or typos or errors, etc., just give me a poke.
I also updated Patron a few days ago so if you don’t see your site up there or whatever, it means I missed your email or something, so just re-submit or let me know.
I have officially finished my OTP shrine to Shinozaki Junichi and Fujioka Tatsuya from the manga series Complex by Manda Ringo. It was for this marathon at amassment, but I didn't finish on time (it was due on the 14th) and yeah. I was so close to finished that I wanted to go ahead and complete the whole thing since I do feel very strongly about this pairing, so here it is. I've never done a couple dedication before so any comments and criticism would be very much appreciated. But it's finally done! ♥
There was this recent discussion at amassment about scrolling vs. clicking (ie: content page length/word count) and I decided to go ahead and do a word count of my active shrines just to see how much I wrote, after all. |D The results were somewhat surprising. I took word counts of essay pages only and didn't include h1's and footers, but did include quotes/blockquotes.
Longest Page: 1,440 words
Shortest Page: 172 words
Total Word Count: 12,110 words
Average Page Length: 504 words
LONELY IN GORGEOUS
Longest Page: 770 words
Shortest Page: 341 words
Total Word Count: 6,376 words
Average Page Length: 490 words
Longest Page: 1,015 words (lol bias)
Shortest Page: 224 words
Total Word Count: 5,615 words
Average Page Length: 432 words
Longest Page: 653 words
Shortest Page: 176 words
Total Word Count: 4,812 words
Average Page Length: 401 words
Longest Page: 1,259 words
Shortest Page: 804 words (lol bias)
Total Word Count: 6,390 words
Average Page Length: 1,065 words
- OTP shrine is roughly 70% done? It's to a male/male couple, by the way. Scandalous, I know. 8D I doubt I'm the only person that is doing a yaoi shrine for this marathon, though.
- Shrine to a certain character from the Percy Jackson & the Olympians books. I'm really excited about this project and have almost finished the layout.
- Shrine to a certain character from Lunar: Silver Star Harmony. I actually may end up shrining more than one character from this game because the game doesn't get enough love despite the cast being absolutely amazing.
- Shrine to a certain Starry☆Sky character. I'll bet none of you saw this coming. /sarcasm
- My Shishido shrine, lol. YOU KNOW WHAT, I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS SHRINE LAST NIGHT. I had a dream that someone on my flist opened a shrine to Shishido and I was like "Well now I can never put mine up" or something. Needless to say, I woke up feeling very confused. I guess I ought to finish it so it stops tormenting me so.
I'm also kind of toying with the idea of doing a Yukino (Kare Kano) shrine and having it sort of overlap with Furtivus. But while I do like Yukino, I don't think I could say nearly as much about her as I did about Arima, so the imbalance would drive me nuts. /ocd about stupid things
If you're in the mood for reading, I've started to compile a bookmark list of my favorite shrines here. So check it out and read a new shrine and/or get inspired! :D So far there's about 50 shrines listed, which is. A lot of reading material, haha. I'm always adding more, too~
That's about it for now, so thanks for watching karmacoded! ♥
EDIT (3/4/10): Lonely in Gorgeous is now affiliated with Eclipse!
FATED.NU: Version XVIV
- I went and deleted all of my shrines that I didn't absolutely adore. This means all of them but six, haha. I'm sorry if any of you are upset by this. ;; They may not be gone forever. I actually went and moved them to a secret folder somewhere and if I ever get the inclination to revamp them or something, I will have something to work off of.
- I do have some upcoming shrines that I want to work on. UNIVERSITY KEEPS GETTING IN THE WAY but if I can finish them, that'll be great. |D
- I've adopted back the Ikuto fanlisting from rewritten and I'm in the middle of trying to make a layout for it, so expect that fairly soonish.
- Fated is now affiliated with Dragonzord.net! ♥
- Fated is now link-exchanged with Cherry-pick.net and Un-lock.net. I find it kind of amusing how I go for weeks and weeks without any domain-related emails, only to get two on the same day. XD♥ Anyway I'm always happy to see new domains pop up, so keep the emails comin'!
- I basically have not touched my domain for months now, which is very out of character for me, I know. I've been experiencing a bit of a dry spell as far as productivity and creativity go, not least because of university coursework. I am working on a shrine for the OTP Marathon over at amassment and will do my best to get that finished on time. (unlike my Girl Mode shrine /facepalm) Munich is also entered in the Revamp Marathon and will be restructured for the umpteenth time since the site's inception.
- Also, since Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden and Hunter x Hunter are both off their hiatuses, Prince and my upcoming Killua shrine might be in the spotlight soon. 8) I'm not going to make any domain New Year's Resolutions, but with any luck, you'll hear more from me soon. ♥
It's probably not interesting to anybody that isn't also a member of that community, but you can at least browse through and see how ridiculously obsessed I am? XD
- New domain layout! It's not nearly as girly as the banner would make it seem. Nothing really worth nothing here, I just felt like a change, haha. Oh, there's a little rambly blurb for each of my sites again and you can see a list of my upcoming sites now, too. That network page hurts my head - it's so long! =_= The playlist just has music I listened to as I made the layout.
- Newest shrine on the network, dedicated to Amagi Yukiko from Persona 4. I actually opened this on Halloween, but I wanted to group it with other updates, so here it is. :'D I don't do videogame shrines often at all, so any critique (I mean it, lol) would be very much appreciated so that I can make this shrine the best it can be.
- I updated the links at Prince since Foreign Lullaby changed links and whatnot. I can't wait for the manga to start up again. D:
- Fixed up some stuff at A Crow Left of Murder. Mostly just typos and weird phrasings and stuff. I should stop doing shrines at wee hours in the morning.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON
- I got a bit of media from the swap over at [Bad username or site: amassment title=Amassment @ livejournal.com], so I'll be adding that to Bones and Cause & Effect ASAP. The latter shrine is also going to be updated a bit since more of the manga has been translated and this is relevant to my interests.
- Sloooowly working on my Breakdown revamp. I keep getting caught up in reading the manga instead of working on the site itself, lol. But it's more than half done now. FYI the gallery is here. So go and look since I dunno when the whole revamp will be done. |D
Well, that's a record. The last layout didn't even last a week. I guess as nifty as the one-page thing looks at first, it's just really not my style. XD; Anyway, this is I think the first layout on my network using images of a real person. If I had another one, it must have sucked because I don't remember it. Have fun poking around~ It's still a fairly simple layout (unless you look at the CSS file). Nothing fancy, but it was fun experimenting with the text. Plus if you ignore the top navigation on the main page, the site could ALMOST pass for a one-page design. |D
It occurred to me that I haven't completed a project since April, so I'm going to have to work on that. Until then, feel free to stare at the very fabulous Jo Kwon. ♥